Sunday, November 9, 2008

L3 Liberty - Not so much!

OK - today, my great friend Jen came over to help me get Liberty on tape. She gave me some good feedback. Z hates the L3 Liberty Assessment. I'm too intense and Z doesn't want to play with me anymore at Liberty. I knew this, but hearing it makes it more real. I realize that the Parelli program is changing it's assessment methods for a reason. I'm a perfect example of a flawed assessment methodology. I've worked hard and I've tried to play well, but at the end of the day, I can't figure out how to not make it about the tasks once the video camera turns on. It's a tough thing.

We looked at some older attempts I made at Liberty and decided I should just send those in. If they don't pass, I'll go for the new assessment and audition. I'll have to get creative, but maybe it'll be the best thing that could happen to my partnership with my horse.

Z's a tough gal. She's got lots of opinions and is very quick to tell me I suck. For a moment, I considered starting over with Gemini. I realized I can't run from this. Z is making me better and it's a challenge I need. I'll be fine. It takes the time it takes.

No comments: