Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dressage lesson #3

Had a great lesson today! I'm pretty excited about it. We worked on better arm position and function at the walk, trot and canter. We worked on my core following the forward motion clearly and transitioning from sitting to posting trot and staying in rhythm at all times.

I really enjoyed it! We got a lot of compliments on our improvements which is surprising since we haven't done any dressage practice in about 2 months. We haven't had a lesson in that long either. I haven't been riding Z that much - maybe 1-2 times/week.

When we started, I mentioned that I'd like to strive for a dressage show. We discussed that and how far I could go with Z. She said my best horse would be Gem for dressage showing. She said that the way Z moves in the canter won't do will in a dressage ring. After our lesson though, she changed her opinion and said Z and I could get to dressage level 2. Our lesson was that impressive to her! Z was more uphill, more working from the hind and happier than she'd seen in previous lessons.

I'm going to practice it more and see what happens.

No comments: