Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tricks and bareback

Z is now bowing!! Whoo-hooo! And the Spanish walk is coming along very nicely! I started moving to the Spanish walk que from her back and she was right there with me. How cool is that? I started teaching her to rear, but she wasn't getting it at all. I abandoned that and moved on.

We did some bareback and rode the Cloverleaf pattern. I noticed how nicely muscled she looks. I asked Loma the other day if she was seeing imbalance in her muscling anywhere and Loma noticed just ahead of the wither needing to muscle up better. I expect the more advanced our riding gets, the better that will be. Her rump looks awesome and so does her back. The cut on her leg is healing very nicely, too. I think it will only leave a minimal scar.

Chrissy was in the arena on Cowboy and I threw some coaching her way, but she's really become very self-sufficient at this point. I'm very happy for her!!

I also tacked up Nina and played with her for a while tonight. It's time to get back on her and start developing the saddle work. She's doing quite well, calm and responsive. We played with the figure 8 pattern and she really got it figured out. I've also got to start putting a bit in her mouth.

I haven't spent time with Gem or Rain in nearly 2 weeks because of the all the video I'm trying to get and coaching Chrissy. That will be my next session.

No comments: