Saturday, December 26, 2009

Driving Tina and getting lightness

Spent some good time with Tina today. We are developing her ability to drive and getting her used to a bit. I continue to make her happy to wear the bridle, eventually having her seek the bit and be helpful during bridling. She is calm in a comfortable wearing the bit now, a nice thing to see.

I'm still using the surcingle as my arm isn't as strong as it needs to be yet. But we're getting a lot done and now she's much lighter in the bridle and responding with light gestures. She's much quieter when I'm asking for turns and stops with the bit, too.

I'm spending a lot of time with the figure 8 pattern, which is perfect for developing the turning responses and the stop. The pattern has helped so much with developing my horses in general.

I wanted to do more with horses, but the day got away from me. I had chores to get done after the snow storm. The sun sets too soon.

No comments: