Saturday, February 28, 2009

Riding with Nancy!!

Had a fantastic day riding at Sharptail with Nancy! Loved it! We rode hard and fast and Rain was a great partner. I rode her almost the entire way w/o picking up my reins! At one point she was cantering downhill and a big dip was coming in the trail and I wanted her to slow down. I tried to slow her down at first with my body and I needed her to slow down right away so I went for the reins. We cantered and galloped a lot and all with no reins!

Otherwise, I did the whole ride w/o them and we were riding for about 3 hours and 12 miles. I love that mare. I like that I'm getting good bridleless time on the mare I fully trust so that I'm more prepared to get that done with Z. Tomorrow I ride Z for the first time in a couple weeks.

Need to trim some hooves. Rain's feet are growing very crooked and I need to balance her out.

No comments: