Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Runnin' and Jumpin'

I haven't ridden Gem in a few days and I knew I needed to get him moving. He's been in a stall and run (large run) for a few weeks now. It's great if I can keep him exercised, but if he's in there for more than 2-3 days I pull him out and do something to get him moving.

I pulled out Rain, Z and Gem and put them into the arena together. Then I sent them in different directions. Boy, how fun! Bucking, kicking, rearing... they were having fun! What was super interesting was when I asked them in, Gem came trotting over from the opposite end of the 120' arena. My mares came too, but Gem came with energy and they really seemed to be be conflicted by his leadership and mine. Made me smile to watch them think things through.

Next time, the video camera goes with me. Z was especially animated with her movements in mid-air. Awesome.

No comments: