Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cantering bareback and more Spinning

Today I had some time for 1 horse and I chose Z. I decided to do some more bareback riding. I also put a bareback pad on with a saddle pad underneath, thinking that I could ride her longer and help her stay comfortable. We warmed up and then I started to ride in the round pen. The pads definitely made it easier! Her withers hit my pubic bone sometimes and the pad stops that discomfort. She cantered off my ask easily and we were flying around with ease. I worked on canter/trot transitions and found them easily and fluidly. We'll continue to practice and improve.

I got a little video that I'll post thanks to my supportive husband.

We also did some ground work and progressed with the spin. Z seems to have some fun with that! She shoots out from the spin with gusto then comes straight back to me. I don't necessarily want her coming straight back to me, but for now I'll reward that because the spin is so good! Proud of my mare and had a great session.

No comments: