Monday, June 21, 2010

Late start and coaching

I worked a long day at the day job, so got a late start to my evening training routine. I also had a coaching session set up, so I didn't do much of my own horse development time. However, had a fantastic time bringing a student along with her horse. She's got a traditional background and this horse is forcing her to try a new approach - natural horsemanship. It feels foreign to her at times, but she's really getting it. Her horse is responding beautiful, so I'm excited to see how this progresses.

I find this to be the most rewarding part about horses; taking what I know and helping others find their own success with their horses. I enjoy training the horses but when I mix the owners in, it's nirvana for me.

We walked around the outside of the arena and played with weaving through trees. Also, turning on the fore and hind.

No comments: