Monday, May 5, 2008

Riding all three!

The weather was amazing yesterday. Kendall spent time with the neighbor and I was thinking as I rubbed my hands together furiously... HORSE TIME! I was able to get quite a bit started with all 3 of my horses. It was great!

Started with Gemini. We had a great ground-work session for 20 -30 mins and then I rode him while I gave a lesson to Rain and Delaney. I talked to D about riding the rail with Rain and asking her to maintain her direction on the rail. D really wants to go faster! So, we worked on transitioning into the trot and back to the walk for a while. Then, we started to transition into the canter and back into the trot. He was smiling ear-to-ear! Very cute. Rain has some attitude though. I really need to spend some time with her - she's annoyed to have to do this stuff. I don't want her to get too sour with so many beginners on her back.

Gemini just walked and trotted for me in the lesson. i worked on getting him lighter to the forward cue - he's a little dull. I worked on him backing better - he's not light at the backup. I found a good place and hopped off. He did pretty well.

Then, I rode Rain for a bit to see how she feels. She's very sensitive and very annoyed. Her tail was extremely swishy. I will spend more time with her over the coming weeks to get her calmed down and more compliant. I love that horse and don't want her hating to be used.

Next, I grabbed Z and worked on some ground work on line and then in the round pen at Liberty. She was awesome! Her attitude has really changed! I hopped on and did some bareback/bridleless trotting and walking and riding the rail. It wasn't enough time, but I had to go. She came and stood with me right away afterwards, so she obviously was ok with things.

It's never enough time, but I had a great day getting all 3 moving!

No comments: