Thursday, May 7, 2009

Preparing the Freestyle Course

Tonight I had a little time with Z and I decided to prep our course for the Freestyle filming. It was really helpful to think about a game from each savvy and imagine how we'd run through it. I realize we need to practice our jumping much more - another week or two. Our figure 8 is pretty good, we can drag an object very easily, she stands still for mounting. We have a lot of good things going, I just need to make sure we can manage that 2' jump bridleless.

She's is really happy to see me and be with me and that's where I'm the most pleased. We are having good moments and Z is telling me she's happier to play with me. We're ready to learn the next trick, too.

I also took Z down the road alone to see how she'd do. I'd left my carrot stick down the road from my ride with Kendall the day before. She was great - confident and willing. She had some moments of hesitation, but few and mild.

No comments: