Sunday, March 6, 2011

Goin' for a walk...

It was a cold, snowy day. We'd been couped up all day and I really wanted to get out and go for a walk. I talked some of the family into going so we had quite the crew walking down the horse trails. I decided to take Gem on the 12' and just see if he hit a threshold away from home. So, Kendall, Kyle, Steve, Deuce, Oscar, Junior, Gem and I made our way down the trail. We probably walked around 1.2 miles and Kendall rode Gem bareback while I lead him or drove him from zone 2/3. He was so solid and never once called or looked for home.

We passed a cross-country jumping course and I had Gem squeeze over it a few times. He really enjoys jumping and he showed up how well he jumps for the family. Luckily, I had a cookie in my pocket to thank him for his efforts.

It was a nice, easy time and another opportunity for Gem and I to build our relationship.

No comments: