Monday, March 3, 2008

After the snow...

Yesterday, we had a blizzard and we couldn't go anywhere really. The wind was howling, snow was blowing, a very wintry day. All the horses were stalled and feeling couped up. I let them out to eat in the evening and this morning they were all feeling pretty cold. Z was shivering. I didn't know it was going to get so cold last night. This morning, Starlet couldn't reach down to eat her grain in the bucket. I put her in a stall alone for the day until I can evaluate what's going on. She did eat all her hay from the bottom of the bucket, so not sure what is going on with her.

I worked as fast as I could, then about 2:30pm went out to get Gemini moving a bit. Someone wants to check him out tomorrow, so I wanted to see how he was feeling. I rode him a bit and he's doing just fine. The more time I spend with him, the more I like him. He's a cool horse. He's such a smooth mover and he's smart and brave. Hmmm...

I also spent some time playing squeeze game and circle game with Z over a jump. We worked on backing up straight at Liberty and also some time with the bow. She's going much lower, but she's not trusting me today. Her knee nearly touched the ground and it made her a bit worried. I'll go slower and do less next time. I didn't get to ride her, not enough time. I'm sorry, too - really wanted to ride her.

No comments: