Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Goodbye to Gemini?

I took him to a jumping lesson barn today and he was a perfect gentleman. I'm very proud of him. He came to me kind of kooky and worried and in pain and he's become quite a nice horse. He's still not as confident away from the herd as I'd like, but he makes an excellent jumping/arena horse today. I'm pretty sure someone from this barn will buy him - they all liked him and he did very well. I feel a little sad and I wonder if I'm letting a great horse go. I have too many, though...

I spent at least an hour with Z today - just time. I tried to work on my laptop in the stall while she ate hay in the run. She was so interested in forcing me to pet her and standing over me that I didn't get much work done. She was happy to have me around, I just know it. She got horse snot on my laptop! Still, I enjoyed her as much as she enjoyed me. No riding today... again. Tomorrow, snow... maybe Thursday or Friday.

Starlet needs a chiro visit. She's hurt herself badly and she can't stretch her neck to the ground w/o a lot of effort. Going to call Dr. Boldt and have him take a look. Poor girl.

No comments: