Friday, March 21, 2008

Time to video

Yesterday, Steve and I set out to get some L3 tasks on video. I worked way longer than I had planned and I was in a FOUL mood. I should have known better and rescheduled it. It was ok in the end, but Z and I were looking at each other cross-eyed in the round pen for Liberty. It took quite a while, but we finally got something going together in the end. Needless to say, we didn't video something I can send to the ISC and we're going to try again tomorrow. I started thinking about Freestyle and realized we're not far off from that savvy so that's where I'm going to focus next.

Gemini came home yesterday morning. Turns out he has a cyst in the bone of his left, rear hock. I'm going to get my vet out to give me a full eval and decided what to do with him next. He just keeps coming back to me. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?? I do really dig that horse.

Starlet's wither soreness went away after 12 hours in the stall. She's fine now and I realize I just need to keep her quiet. Tom said tendons take 4-6 weeks to heal and it's been about 2. She's got to stay in the stall some more - poor Thoroughbred!

I cantered Z to the gate and worked on shoulder-in, side pass and transitions along my driveway after the video session. Things went ok, but about 45 mins someone turned on the wind machine and dust was blowing everywhere. It was a terrible time to call it quits, but I couldn't even see! She hurried back to the barn, a bad way to end things.

No comments: