Saturday, March 15, 2008

Delaney Joins Me!

Today, for the very first time, Delaney joined me on a trail ride. We trailered to Hidden Mesa and he did the 7.5 mile loop with me. He started out on Z and I ponied them off of Rain. Then, we switched. After a while, he really wanted me to stop ponying him and I gave him a "lesson" on communicating with Rain. For some of the trail, he was on his own and did just fine. I'm super proud and soooo excited by the possibilities of he and I covering trails together. My first thought is HORSE CAMPING! If I can get kids interested, I'll have reached true nirvana. He wants lessons and wants to learn to take care of getting down the trail with the horse alone. Very cool!

This all started by selling Gemini. He cried. He didn't want to see Gemini go and he's called Gemini "his horse" for some time now. I told him he could have his own horse if he shows initiative in the way of feeding, mucking, grooming and riding. He's gung-ho! Hopefully, I wont have to buy him a horse any time soon! He can ride Rain for a long time, really.

No comments: