Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rollercoaster Ride!!

Had an awesome ride yesterday with Tammy. We went somewhere between 12 and 14 miles. I rode Z and she was on Ruby - her chestnut T-bred. We went to Sharptail Ridge and covered lots of trail in a fairly short period of time. We cantered a ton! It was an amazingly great ride, best I've had in a while. At one point, the trail was narrow and windy and we cantered through it all. The horses did great and Z showed her ability to cover some serious ground at a trot. She also did very little sweating - she's in pretty good shape. We will continue to work on our canter depart and the trail was a great place to do it. Loved it!!

Today, Jen brought Cowboy to me to put some miles on him. I'll ride him for a few weeks and we'll decide the best way market and sell him. I'll try sending him over lots of jumps, he might make a good jumper. He's a great looking horse and he's athletic. He has some go, which is a great thing. He prefers to not move too much, but he might feel differently if he's in better shape. I put him in a run and he escaped and caused a little raucous in the herd. I managed to get Rain out of the mix, eliminating the "mare factor". Cowboy has a few new bite marks, but Gemini seems to like him. Capaill is convinced that his job is to protect his mares - kinda cute. I may put him back in a run. I'm going to keep a watchful eye and do what I think is best.

Looking forward to riding him over the next few weeks and see how he goes. Jen took Starlet so she'd have 2 and she'll keep Starlet on her stall rest. Should be an interesting few weeks!! With my sister in town, things will be non-stop I'm sure.

I showed Jen how Z and I are doing at Liberty. Z did very well and I'm proud of what we've accomplished. Very cool. Next stop - freestyle! I'm motivated.

No comments: