Friday, March 14, 2008

Love That Trail!

Just had an amazing ride with my 2 mares, Rain and Z. I've had a hard work day and I'm just tired of my job at the moment. I wanted to get a ride in before I spent the evening with my teenager. So, I tacked up Rain and decided to pony Z. Rain and I practiced sidling up to me on the step stool. Went great - she's got it. Grabbed Z and off we went. After the first few miles, I decided to switch mounts. I hopped off and switched the tack to Z and off we went. Z is much more fun to ride than Rain. Rain is great for a beginner or someone who's afraid, but Z gives me the energy I love to ride. We trotted and cantered most of the trail. When I ask Rain for trot/canter, she gives it but she would much rather walk. Z would much rather trot/canter. Very fun. Her canter was the nicest, most balanced I think I've ever felt from her. She was not emotional, either. She was soft and balanced. Awesome. She was happy to walk when I asked, but if I asked for more she immediately gave it with pleasure. She'll be a great trail horse someday. I really want to do the April endurance ride with her. Need to get her more ready.

No comments: