Friday, March 14, 2008

Canter, Canter, CANTER!

After being in Dallas all week, I couldn't wait to get a ride in and work on some things with my horses. The buyers for Gemini came to see him and ride him one more time before making the official offer. Then, when they left, I took Z to the round pen to work on cantering at Liberty. We did that a bit and then I tacked her up for some cantering in the arena. She had a better attitude than last time in the arena. We cantered large circles and also played Josh Lyon's game of bending. Very effective.

I finished off by giving each Delaney and Kendall a little riding lesson on her. Delaney wanted to - he's very upset about Gemini getting sold. He actually cried. :-( To finish our session, we worked on the bow some more, our 4th session with that trick. She's getting lower... It was good, but rushed - as usual. Hate that.

And some good news - Starlet seems fine now. Ahhh, relief.

No comments: